Tuesday, March 25, 2014

FOODQT: Sweetened Condensed Milk



I made all lots of things so that I can pinch a penny here and there, for family activities. I always have to run to the store to get a couple of cans of Leche Lechera  or commonly known as sweetened condensed milk.  One can can cost up to $2.00, usually my recipes, request from anywhere to 1-3 cans. So, I was on Pinterest, a lot of recipes to choose from, but most didn't sound too good.  I finally found one, that sounded reasonable, but didn't have directions.

Supplies:
1 cup of boiling water
1 cup of powdered milk
2 tablespoons of butter
Sifter
A blender
Jar

1. Use the sifter to sift the powder milk before you add it in and set it aside. But add boiling water and butter to cream until its dissolved.

2. Add powder milk and add to mixture. Mix until everything is mixed and there's no clumps.

3. Pour into a jar, let cool off. The condensed milk will thicken once it's cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!